You could help save a life.
Learn what to watch for, how to listen and how to talk to someone who may be at risk of attempting suicide. If you or someone you love may be at risk, there is hope. The 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is available 24/7 and provides support for anyone experiencing a mental health crisis, including support for suicide and substance use crises.
How to connect to the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline:
- Call 988 or 1-800-273-8255 to connect via phone. Press 2 for Spanish.
- If you do not wish to talk on the phone, you can connect to the Lifeline by texting 988 or by chat.
- The text and chat services are currently available in English only. If language services are needed, please dial 988 to connect to the Lifeline via phone.
- If you are deaf, hard-of-hearing, or have severe speech impairment, you can reach the Lifeline by dialing 711 and then 1-800-273-8255, by texting 988, or by chat.
- If you or your loved one is a veteran or service member, you can reach the Veterans Crisis Line – a special line focused on supporting the unique needs of active-duty military and veterans – by dialing 988 and pressing 1. The Veterans Crisis Line can also be reached by texting 838255 or by chat.
If this is an immediate, life-threatening emergency, please call 911.